ThinkSecret's Defense Against Apple Suit

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
here's their strategy:

"Think Secret's reporting is protected by the First Amendment," Gross said. "The Supreme Court has said that a journalist cannot be held liable for publishing information that the journalist obtained lawfully. Think Secret has not used any improper newsgathering techniques. We will be filing a motion asking the Court to dismiss this case immediately on First Amendment grounds under a California statute which weeds out meritless claims that threaten First Amendment rights."

http://thinksecret.com/news/defense.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I am not aware of the full story .

Nick de Plume at 19 years old guy is been sued by Apple.

He said that he is protected by the first amendment

Apple say that he broke a california law, saying that he encouraged people to broke their nda.

If Apple want to appear like a bad org smatching Ã* pennyless teenager, I suggest that the company continue that way.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I am not aware of the full story .

Nick de Plume at 19 years old guy is been sued by Apple.

He said that he is protected by the first amendment

Apple say that he broke a california law, saying that he encouraged people to broke their nda.

If Apple want to appear like a bad org smatching Ã* pennyless teenager, I suggest that the company continue that way.

yeah 'tis a bit whack now... i didn't know dePlume was 19. yeah, the Electronic Frontier Foundation is in the game now, this is gonna be big in Northen California and US / World in general, big potential to be a nasty PR bomb for Apple...