15" powerbook ram question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I have a 15" superdrive powerbook that I bought a year ago. I am currently looking to buy extra ram as I find considerable slowdown in performance whenever I have multiple apps open. I want to find out what the exazct type of ram I have it so that I can order some more. I know from clicking "about this mac" that it's DDR SDRAM but I don't know what speed/type of DDR RAM it is i.e. DDR 333 etc. How can I find this out?

Secondly, according to "about this mac" I only have 256 RAM. I was under the impression that my model should have 512 RAM, not 256. Am I correct or not? Thanks for any help.

Murty.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by Murty

Hi,

I have a 15" superdrive powerbook that I bought a year ago. I am currently looking to buy extra ram as I find considerable slowdown in performance whenever I have multiple apps open. I want to find out what the exazct type of ram I have it so that I can order some more. I know from clicking "about this mac" that it's DDR SDRAM but I don't know what speed/type of DDR RAM it is i.e. DDR 333 etc. How can I find this out?

When I bought my iBook G4 1GH last year and which comes standard with 256 MB RAM, I knew I wanted more RAM, so I went over to Crucial's web site, and took it from there (www.crucial.com).

They have an easy-to-understand step-by-step guide to determine the correct memory.

What you could do is to find out your type of memory this way, and take it from there.