Closing iBook without putting to sleep?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is it possible? I would like to close it when I'm burning a DVD without putting it to sleep because when I leave the room I don't want animals touching screen, and when I need to do work it would help to close the lid so I can put the laptop out of the way.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    well i just realized that the keyboard it probably where the ibook releases heat. so that probably wouldnt be a good idea. so does anyone have any other suggestions?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

well i just realized that the keyboard it probably where the ibook releases heat. so that probably wouldnt be a good idea. so does anyone have any other suggestions?

Have you tried doing a Search of these here forums?

Anyway, here's one thread that answers your question (and in fact mentions to the poster that his question has already been answered in previous posts).

Here's something I know nothing about:

http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/10564

Good luck (and yes, it seems the heat issue is a problem--what animals are you talking about?)

--B
  • Reply 3 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Have you tried doing a Search of these here forums?

Anyway, here's one thread that answers your question (and in fact mentions to the poster that his question has already been answered in previous posts).

Here's something I know nothing about:

http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/10564

Good luck (and yes, it seems the heat issue is a problem--what animals are you talking about?)

--B

thanks

and a cat that still has his claws
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

thanks

and a cat that still has his claws

Have you thought of a screen slip? Or would that just be asking for it?

--B
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Is it possible? I would like to close it when I'm burning a DVD without putting it to sleep because when I leave the room I don't want animals touching screen, and when I need to do work it would help to close the lid so I can put the laptop out of the way.

iBooks are not designed to be closed when in use. PowerBooks on the other hand can be, but only if you plug in an external keyboard, mouse and monitor. The heat would deform the screen and the case, so not recommended, it's not even advisable to close a little bit. Put the computer up high, or ban the cat from the room.