Help: my menu bar disappears when an app isn't open

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I downloaded an app. which added some features to the menu bar and didn't like it so I deleted it. However, since then whenever an application isn't open or if I'm opening a system folder like Applications the top menu bar disappears with all the menu options. The time, battery monitor, network connection icons are all still in place, but no menu!

I looked through System Preferences to see if there was something that I could select to fix the problem, but I didn't see anything.

Can someone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    What app did you install and delete? I've gotten the no menu bar thing before, but it's very rare.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    repair your permissions and reset your pram, that fixed my issue with this anomaly...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The menubar won't show up if there's no application running. Is the Finder running? It should always be, which is why even if you quit all other apps, you still have a menubar normally. You might need to toss the Finder's preferences or something.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by jessearl

I downloaded an app. which added some features to the menu bar and didn't like it so I deleted it. However, since then whenever an application isn't open or if I'm opening a system folder like Applications the top menu bar disappears with all the menu options. The time, battery monitor, network connection icons are all still in place, but no menu!

I looked through System Preferences to see if there was something that I could select to fix the problem, but I didn't see anything.

Can someone help?

Now what happend? Report please, stat, in case the

issue came up again. Well...