Burning games?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a program to burn PS2 and Xbox games on mac? And if the program is difficult how to do it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RHCPfan

Does anyone know of a program to burn PS2 and Xbox games on mac? And if the program is difficult how to do it?

Posting Guidelines...

"Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, asking for technical support regarding pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same mannar as posts that directly ask for pirated software."
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Is it illegal to burn those games? The mods here usually let people discuss burning movie DVDs, is this any different? Fair use?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    To play copied games, you need an emulator which never work. My friend got one and tried to instal it and ended up breaking his PS2. Also games are so big that if you copied it it would be terrible quality and the odds that everything in the game would work are very slim. Just rent the game or if you really like it buy it.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Is it illegal to burn those games? The mods here usually let people discuss burning movie DVDs, is this any different? Fair use?

Maybe if you owned the PS2 game... XBox a different matter
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

To play copied games, you need an emulator which never work.

Modchips work.

Quote:

My friend got one and tried to instal it and ended up breaking his PS2.

I think 'tried' gives away the cause of the break here.

Quote:

Also games are so big that if you copied it it would be terrible quality

Copy: To duplicate.

Why would something that had accurately been copied ( CD for a CD or DVD for a DVD) be terrible quality, where is the loss?

Quote:

and the odds that everything in the game would work are very slim.

Not true.They work.

However, you are right that people should buy their games.

Duplication can have a legit function if done to allow owners of software to exercise their 'fair use' rights....I think you. or your friend may simply have been poorly advised about technique.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zarathustra

Modchips work.

I think 'tried' gives away the cause of the break here.

Copy: To duplicate.

Why would something that had accurately been copied ( CD for a CD or DVD for a DVD) be terrible quality, where is the loss?

Not true.They work.

However, you are right that people should buy their games.

Duplication can have a legit function if done to allow owners of software to exercise their 'fair use' rights....I think you. or your friend may simply have been poorly advised about technique.

-I ment modchips I didn't mean to say emulators.

-Unless a videogame for PS2 or XBOX is 4.7 GB's which they are not, they are huge, then the quality would be bad.

-If you copy a game it has to copy, compress and decode thousands of audio and all other types of files so they will probably all not work.

I've never tried to burn games myself, because I don't play videogames (except for Halo, which I own). However a few of my friends tried and they all never did it again after the first one because they didn't think it was worth it.