The plight of the Nicaraguans

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Remember that old windows 95 machine you had, then it turned on you and then you tried to re-format it, then you beat it with a sledge hammer, and sent it to the dump?

That?s kinda what we did to Nicaragua.

I am writing this because I am a member of a club in my (Northport) High School called Students For 60,000 . Each year we take trips to Nicaragua to aid a two communities in the north-west part of the country, Chacraseca, and Nuevo Amanecer. We bring down over a hundred suitcases full of clothes, school supplies and other stuff. While there we build houses and teach in the schools. If you or your company can donate it would make all the difference to these people. Just ten dollars can send a child to school for half a year, and $100 can build a latrine for a family, so they may live a more sanitary life. I would not bother this forum if I did not think this is important, but it is. For years American sponsored forces raided the country, and devastated the people. Seeing a child walk to school with a shirt and a notebook and a meal of rice and beans at the school is inspiring knowing that without us none of it would happen. We also need medical supplies (sample toothpastes and drugs are great) and new or used clothes, which might be hard if you live outside of Long Island (unless you can ship). If you are interested in helping out PM me for information. Or email at evanlazer [at] gmail.com . Thank you.