Need help saving a !!LARGE!! sized webpage to some sort of printable format

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My father-in-law asked my help on this and as of right now I'm not much help. His hobby is raising pigeons for show/sale and he found this web-page that he would like to be able to take to a print shop and get printed out for a show. End print size doesn't matter (to a point), I'm guessing it will be something like a 3'x5' or a 4'x6' print. The page is FRICKIN' HUGE! How can I save it to a file that I can have printed or is there any other way to accomplish what he wants?

large and in charge

Thx for any help...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    hitbyhitby Posts: 38member
    Best I could do -

http://www.highergrasp.co.uk/birds.pdf

You might be able to view the page source and get the background image to add the remaining parts on the right - or take screen grabs and paste them in in photoshop or freehand,

Don't say I never do owt for anyone!

Cheers

Hitby
  • Reply 2 of 12
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    hehe, that one of the most crazy web-pages I've ever seen...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    That PDF is the same thing I tried. Didn't know there were limits like that.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    hitbyhitby Posts: 38member
    aye, hehe, A0+ is as large as my pdfwriter will allow - Only ever had to use it once before for a wall chart.

Hitby
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by hitby

Best I could do -

Wow, you da man! Don't know how you did it and I don't really care... but thanks man!

Can't wait to see what the printers say about this little jewel.

EDIT: OK, now I do see where the right had side was cut off. Is there a way to use whatever app you used and do the same capture you did, but from right to left? Then I could probably stitch those together in PS.

I know, I'm asking the world.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    good lord... a poster of flying rats

*shudder*
  • Reply 7 of 12
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

That PDF is the same thing I tried. Didn't know there were limits like that.

What limits? What "pdfwriter"? Just use the built-in one. (Or are you not on Mac OS X?)

Just do Page Setup, Scale 2% or something similar, then do Save as PDF in the Print dialog.

I did it and it shows it without clipping. I'll post it if you need it but you can do it too.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I mean paper size limits. I created a paper size of 33"x55" that wasn't big enough. Changing it to 33"x88" did not increase the size anymore. I didn't think to scale it though.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Just do Page Setup, Scale 2% or something similar, then do Save as PDF in the Print dialog.

I did it and it shows it without clipping. I'll post it if you need it but you can do it too.

I'll try that when I get home. If you scale it down that far and then save it will it become a blurry mess when it is scaled back up to a 3'x5' or 4'x6' (roughly) format?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I mean paper size limits. I created a paper size of 33"x55" that wasn't big enough. Changing it to 33"x88" did not increase the size anymore. I didn't think to scale it though.

Oh, I see
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by opuscroakus

I'll try that when I get home. If you scale it down that far and then save it will it become a blurry mess when it is scaled back up to a 3'x5' or 4'x6' (roughly) format?

It's PDF, so the text is vector. The graphics will be pixelated a bit, but I can't say how much.

Keep in mind you'll have to adjust the scale up a lot when you print. You'll need to do a few tests to test it.

I have no printer, otherwise I'd tell you exactly.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

good lord... a poster of flying rats

On their genealogy, no less. Does this inspire any one else to start an AI pigeon club? All we need is a mole at Cupertino and bunch of pigeons to carry out secret documents. I wonder how many would make it past Steve's shotgun blasts? At the very least we would ruin his reputation as a Vegan.