Airport + Epson AIO + scanning = bad news?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey ho. Got Airport, gone wireless, Epson RX600 all-in-one working fine with my iMac and wife's PC as a printer. Then tried to scan but applications no longer able to find scanner.

Have been searching Epson and Apple sites to no avail, but came across the EpsonNet wireless thingy at vast expense. Penny is now beginning to drop.

Can anyone confirm that the Epson RX600 can be used as a printer through Ariport but not as a scanner? I have a bad feeling about this one.

If not, why the heck not??? Any easy (i.e. inexpensive soultions)?

The whole all-in-one concept seems daft (well, dafter then usual) if it is incompatible with Airport.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I think it has to do with the way information is traveling. You can send info to the printer, but you would need to set up a server and configure the printer to send data back to your specific computer. If you don't, its only option is to send the data to EVERY device on the network and that is a terrible waste of bandwidth.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for that - makes sense now. My wireless naivety I guess. Better go dig out a long USB cable now...