What's the part # for 1ghz TiBook's power adapter?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I need to order one and these are different than older ones. (new power adapters are grounded i believe)

So if anyone would be kind enough to take a look i would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Going through the Apple Store, I get this:

M8943LL/A

Says it's the same for the iBook and PowerBook.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    thanks murbot

... but i'm not too sure about this.

unless power adapter which is supplied with current iBooks was changed as well.

New one uses 3 wire power cord as oposed to 2 wire -old one. (ground)

Is there someone with a new TI?

thanks anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    murbot is correct. I have the box right here in front of me Part # M8943LL/A Model # A1021

65W. I ordered it for my 1GHZ Ti
  • Reply 4 of 11
    The iBook and PowerBooks use the white little brick adapter, with the 2 prongs that flip up and out of the way to leave a flat surface on all sides for easy storage. You flip the 2 prongs down, and plug it into the wall.

The one I just got last week for my 800 MHz iBook is identical to the one I had with my 1 GHz TiBook.

There is the extender though that you can attach to it. The 2 prong unit slips off, and you can replace it with the extender to add a few feet to your cord. I'm pretty sure this has a 3 prong end. I don't have it handy to confirm though, but I?m certain it is.

Either way, that is the proper part # that you want to order.

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Nope, adapter extender has 2 prongs too dude.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    It *looks* identical, but the 1Ghz needs a 65W adapter, which is rated higher. Be careful!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    No.

They both use <a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M8943LL/A"; target="_blank">this</a> 65W adapter.

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Have you searched Apple's KBase? A good starting point.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Does anyone also experience noise through your speakers when the adaptor is connected?

I use a powerbook 1Ghz 15".

I mean, I buy a pro laptop for music and now the damn thing makes noise.

It only appears when I use the built-in audio controller, not when I use my external audio interface.

greetz
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Hi

You were right murbot ;-)

I need 65W adapter, and i think old ones were 45 or something like that..

They all look the same except when you remove the prong, there is a metal pin (old one was made of plastic. Also new 'extender' cable uses 3 prongs instead of 2.

At work i have one of the old ones, and @ home i had the new one. I remembered that there was something different about them, but i wasn't too sure.

Thanks guys, i just ordered one, why is this thing soo expensive? (over $100 CAD)...

Thanks again
  • Reply 11 of 11
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I simply meant that the old ones are rated 45 but *look* the same, so be careful...I use all kinds, frankly, but according to Apple I am taking life (and my power manager's survival) into my own hands. So far, so good.

So you have to be careful if buying used, or from a store that doesn't have their act together, etc.