iSight -> Pinnacle Moviebox Movie BOX -> iBook G3?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum so I'm quite curious if you guys can help me with a complicate question:

I want to record digital videos on my iBook G3 with 600MHz, therefore I just bought an iSight Camera, since this seemed to me like a nice solution - a small good-quality camera at an affordable price.

I asked the guy at the store if he had any info about the performance of this solution - concerning resolution and framerate possible with an older iBook like mine.

He said "will work fine" - and I believed him.

So I got the iSight and after some time managed to make it HD-record with Quicktime Broadcaster.

That was the moment I found out that the performance is not that fine at all - I get 30 fps, all right, but only at a resolution about 240*180 pixels.

Bad luck, since iSight can reach 640x480, which would be ideal.

So what should I do - take my iSight back to the store and wait 'till I can afford a DV-Camcorder? Grab my old VHS-Camcorder and buy an encoder-box like Pinnacle Moviebox Movie BOX?

Or - and that's the actual question I have:

Can I connect my iSight to Pinnacle Moviebox Movie BOX and that one to my iBook and let the Moviebox do the encoding - and use e.g. FinalCut as Software?

Is that possible? Or is there a much easier way for me?

Any help is very much welcome...

Greetings...

rastapanda

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Use iMovie HD to record and then export to DV.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Is this really gona solve the problem that my iBook simply is not fast enough?

Sorry I'm asking but I'm a bit of a newbie on this...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by rastapanda

Is this really gona solve the problem that my iBook simply is not fast enough?

Sorry I'm asking but I'm a bit of a newbie on this...

I thought the iSight required a 600MHz G3 or faster?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    it does - and that's what I have...

But it's not fast enough as I mentioned.

Can you be a bit more specific please?

Thanks a lot.