www.philrees.co.uk

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has any body bought anything from this site please. Even if you haven't, could you let me know what are the mostimportant things on this list of specs when purchasing a PC for music production please. The address is: http://www.philrees.co.uk/catalog/build.php?ypath=55

It seems that you can get a massive hard disk drive but what advantage would that be, why would I need external storage please?

Regards, Chris.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    you need massive amounts of storage for massive amounts of pron of course
  • Reply 2 of 4
    why not get a mac for music production, macs have got teh goods for music by far. I mean if you are asking advise on a mac forum, I will give you my mac advise.

I'm sure there are pc forums that will know the answers to your questions.

good luck with your pc..... Randy
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

why not get a mac for music production, macs have got teh goods for music by far. I mean if you are asking advise on a mac forum, I will give you my mac advise.

I'm sure there are pc forums that will know the answers to your questions.

good luck with your pc..... Randy

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have been looking at Macs as well and would probably be look at at PM G5 RAM with memory expansion up to at least 4 or 8 Gb. Would you say this is a good choice for someone who is serious about music production? Do you have any suggestions on where is the best place to buy RAM and how easy is it to install on the PM G5? Also, do you know the main specs to look for on the Mac when considering major music production with both MIDI and Audio software and hardware please? Many thanks, Chris.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

you need massive amounts of storage for massive amounts of pron of course

Hi, thanks for yor reply. I kid of already knew I needed massive storage but the amounts available on that site seem unbelievable- 3000 Gb 72000 rpm SATA Barracuda 7200.8 HDD and available external storage of 2000 Gb 7200 rpm LaCie Firewire + USB 2 ext.HDD. If you get the best of everything in terms of memory, the cost is ridiculous and I'm sure is probably far behond what I need it for (and what I can afford). A Home PC Music Studio with nothing else on it except Music Software and hardware needing to be connected up to it (I have other PCs/ laptops for everything else). Macs don't seem to offer this extensive hard drive space and I was just wondering what I would need beyond what a Mac can offer me in terms of hard drive space or would a PM G5 with RAM enhancement up to 4 or 8 Gb give me all I needed. If so, do you have any suggestions on the best and cheapest places to get RAM from? Many thanks, Chris.