new i book

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i just got a new g4 12in ibook, and i liked it so much i unhooked my pc and use my flatpannel moniter when i am home. i have it all conected and it works great i hooked up my wireless keyboard and it works as well. The only problem is i want to close the lid so both monitors arn't on. now if close the monitor the computer goes to sleep.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by closeingtime

i just got a new g4 12in ibook, and i liked it so much i unhooked my pc and use my flatpannel moniter when i am home. i have it all conected and it works great i hooked up my wireless keyboard and it works as well. The only problem is i want to close the lid so both monitors arn't on. now if close the monitor the computer goes to sleep.

There is probably a good reason for this happening - your iBook going to sleep when the lid is closed will stop it from overheating. I have a feeling that on certain Apple laptops at sometime there was a workaround for this that required a bit of system tinkering, I might be wrong, but maybe somebody could help you here...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Yes, it is here:

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

They have a forum, where you can discuss it too. It has always worked for me, but use at your own risk. Furthermore, it still splits the video memory between the two displays, even though the closed lid isn't on, so it isn't entirely useful. What people really using the hack for, is the extended desktop.