Apple n00b help!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello all, i am new to the apple world and i need a little help. i installed aol and it worked i got online but i cant find the aol icon on the bar. also how do i know i properly installed .mac??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jmila1901

i installed aol and it worked i got online but i cant find the aol icon on the bar.

Do you mean "Dock" when you write "bar"?

If so, just drag the "Aol-App" to the dock.

Granted i don't use "Aol".

Quote:

also how do i know i properly installed .mac??

Well, send a message ([email protected]) to yourself, look if

you do recieve it

Or

try to mount your "iDisk", which is propably your concern.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Hello all, i am new to the apple world and i need a little help. i installed aol and it worked i got online but i cant find the aol icon on the bar. also how do i know i properly installed .mac??

AOL installs in your Applications folder. With some exceptions, Mac installers don't fill the Dock full of crap. As Vox Barbara said, if you want an application icon in the Dock all you have to do is drag the icon there.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    AOL, or an AOL folder should be in your applications folder. LIke most apps once you start it, it will pop up in your dock. If you want the icon to stay in your dock you can either slide it up one position, (or more) in your dock, and it will stay there after you quit the app. Or, you can hold your mouse pointer over the app icon in the dock with click held down to darken the icon, and once the menu appears choose "keep in dock."