1 GB Shuffle in 512 Mb Box

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experiance as me in buying their Shuffle. I bought what I thought was a 512 MB shuffle, but when I opened it up, it was a 1 GB. I mean it wasn't like the sales persongave me the wrong box, it was a 512 box with a 1 GB pack in it. I bought it from the Virginia Tech bookstore (Go HOKIES!!), which oddly enogh has been receiving regular shipments of about 20 units of shuffles. I think it has something to do with us having System X. Anyway, to get back on point, I was wondering if anyone else received a 1 GB in a 512 box, or if it was just a freak thing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    No but I got a 1.5 Gig in my 1.0 box.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Here is another fluke, when Macworld reviewed the Mac Mini, the $499 unit beat the $599 unit at some tests because the low end unit had a 5400 rpm drive, there was only a 4200 (as apples own specs call for) in the 1.4 ghz unit.

Your story doesn't surprise me. In manufacuring, both the 512 mb and the 1024 mb units are likely assembled and packeged on the same line, they just change the modules and boxes the way they change shifts. your unit was likely in limbo between a 1 gig run and a 512 run, count your blessings and enjoy it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Better than receiving a 512K in a 1GB box!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

Better than receiving a 512K in a 1GB box!

[SARCASM]Geesh, you wouldn't even get half a song on that! [/SARCASM]

Sorry, too much coffee in the morning gives me way too much energy and makes me cheeky