Shuffles arrive at Target retail stores, in stock at CC

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple is pursuing new distribution channels for its iPod music players quite aggressively. In addition to Circuit City and Best Buy, iPod shuffles are on their way to all 1,308 Target retail stores, which are located in 47 states. Target is also selling the player through its online store, but does not expect availability for at least another two weeks. On the other hand, sources report that on Thursday Circuit City online received a significant shipment of shuffles. Checks with the Circuit City online store reveal that both the 512MB and 1GB versions of the iPod shuffle are, once again, immediately available and ready to ship. They will not last long.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Just checked Circuit City online. Yet again the initial view says they are in stock and ready to be shipped. BUT... when going to check out, it states that they are temporarily out of stock. CC online seems to not be updating their status very well.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I just got my iPod Shuffle I ordered on January 17th. On the shipping notice it said that it shipped from Pennsylvania. Almost every computer or product I have ordered from Apple has come from California or Toronto. I live in Southern Ontario.

I still have not seen Shuffles in wide distribution in Canada.

I am very impressed with the player. You really don't miss the screen.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    TARGET WILL NOT SELL SHUFFLES!

Just got home from work, on the way I stopped off at target to cash in my giftcards for a shuffle, the employee in electronics told me that they have tons of them, but cannot sell them till the 27th...looks like 9 days and counting

Unless I can get ahold of a clerck who doesnt know...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

TARGET WILL NOT SELL SHUFFLES!

Just got home from work, on the way I stopped off at target to cash in my giftcards for a shuffle, the employee in electronics told me that they have tons of them, but cannot sell them till the 27th...looks like 9 days and counting

Unless I can get ahold of a clerck who doesnt know...

The display and pricing is up at the local Target. I did not get a chance to ask if they were actually selling any right now....\
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I spoke with my local Target this evening and received a similar report. They have them in stock but cannot sell them until 2/27.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    gf10gf10 Posts: 27member
    Yo trabajo en Target and we have strict orders NOT to sell them until the 27th and believe me as soon as I walked in to work my supervisor let me know. They take this sort of stuff seriously so I don't think you will find someone who doesn't know.

He also informed me about what's going on with the PSP but I tuned out after about 5 seconds.

I'll see how many we have in stock tomorrow (if any) to let you guys know approximately how much the DC has shipped to the stores. Well at least what we received in CO.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by boilerfan97

I spoke with my local Target this evening and received a similar report. They have them in stock but cannot sell them until 2/27.

Judgeing by your name, I am guessing you live at/near Purdue Univ., If so, we probably spoke to the same target store on SR-26E...wouldn't that be funny...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Judgeing by your name, I am guessing you live at/near Purdue Univ., If so, we probably spoke to the same target store on SR-26E...wouldn't that be funny...

Purdue grad in 1997. Not the same Target but know exactly where it is! Target store i spoke to is in the Chicago 'burbs.