CD drive probelms on PB 12"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For some reason when i went to insert a CD in my PowerBook 12" DVI 1.0 GHz (about a 10 months old) i could't get the CD in there. It kept getting stuck on something towards the back end of the computer. I pushed and got it in, the slot drive took it and it played fine. When i ejected it, a similar occurrence with it getting stuck.

It actually made a small dent in the edge of the CD. I am not at all happy about this but i need to be able to insert CDs. The last time i inserted a CD prior was a week ago and that worked as you would expect.

I do have apple car (2+ years left) but i simply CAN'T live without my computer for more than a day. I use it everyday in class and i don;t have another one.

Any ideas would be helpful. i can live with it because it is not actually damaging the CD to the point that it is unreadable but if i can fix it i would like to.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

For some reason when i went to insert a CD in my PowerBook 12" DVI 1.0 GHz (about a 10 months old) i could't get the CD in there. It kept getting stuck on something towards the back end of the computer. I pushed and got it in, the slot drive took it and it played fine. When i ejected it, a similar occurrence with it getting stuck.

It actually made a small dent in the edge of the CD. I am not at all happy about this but i need to be able to insert CDs. The last time i inserted a CD prior was a week ago and that worked as you would expect.

I do have apple car (2+ years left) but i simply CAN'T live without my computer for more than a day. I use it everyday in class and i don;t have another one.

Any ideas would be helpful. i can live with it because it is not actually damaging the CD to the point that it is unreadable but if i can fix it i would like to.

I had to send my mac off when it was under apple care warranty and it was fixed and returned to me within 3 days. I would reccomend that if you payed for apple care then you should use it (its really a non-issue). Just bite the bullet and send it off to get repaired. You'll be glad you did.8)