TS- iPod mini to get color screen.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0502ipodmini.html

Quote:

Highly reliable sources have confirmed that the next iPod mini will gain a full-color active-matrix TFT screen while the form factor will remain largely unchanged. The color screen will be able to display colors clearly and brightly regardless of ambient lighting, even outdoors in direct sunlight. The new screen will be about the same size as the current iPod mini display and will sport a 176x132 resolution.

Wowzers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    What's the use? Seems like it would take away from the iPod photo.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    wow man. that's awesome!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    That seems a bit hard to believe. I think it'll go to the regular iPod first. But who knows, with Apple's renewed focus on lower-cost products, maybe it's true.

But this part also seemed fishy: "The color screen will be able to display colors clearly and brightly regardless of ambient lighting, even outdoors in direct sunlight." Sorry, but all LCDs wash out in direct sunlight.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Pretty interesting. It makes sense for the mini to get primary attention -- the iPod mini *outsells* the iPod at the Apple Store.

As for the iPod photo, I hear that sales have been very modest relative to the other models. I think Apple will have to have another go at it with a larger, improved screen -- or they'll just quietly let it slip away. (The idea of viewing our photos on your iPhoto never seemed like a perfect fit to me.) Eventually everyone will want an iPod with a color display, if they're bright and reasonably low-power and don't insanely inflate the price.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    My question is, will it become and iPod photo mini? If the mini gets the color screen will it get the photo OS as well?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    probably not. because for alot of people whats the use of 5 or 6 GB when most of it will be used for music. and the screen is too small for good photo viewing. it doesnt make much sense to me, anyways.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I' d have a try at the iPod mini [photo]. Not for watching them on the screen, but to plug it into a tv. Even though, can one buy a mobil phone this days without getting a camera ? Peoples habits are changing, at least for the younglings.

iPod mini [photo] would do well

Zon
  • Reply 8 of 8
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    what would be cool, is if the pictures u take on ur camera phone some how could be like transferred from your phone to your ipod mini photo.

not using a computer, but through sum sort of bluetooth or usb or sumthing between the devices. because usually i always run out of memory and i either have to delete pictures or load them up to my computer, but when it happens i am never at my computer