Apple seeds Mac OS X Tiger build 8A385

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
According to reports from anonymous sources, Apple today seeded its Apple Developer Connection members with yet another build of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." The latest build -- 8A385 -- is accompanied by a 4 page seed note that lists only a handful of known issues with system. These "general issues" pertain to sluggishness of the Mac OS X Dock, Spotlight indexing and FireWire drives, Keychain syncing corruption, and non-updating window titles. The build's notes also reference bugs associated with authentication dialogs and the .Mac Sync preference panel.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    At this rate, Tiger may be available the day of the WWDC keynote.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Exciting!

I can't wait until we hear of FC seeds! It sounds like that could be relatively soon.

Although, the old man in me says we're still a couple months away.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Capt. Obvious

At this rate, Tiger may be available the day of the WWDC keynote.

Earning your name. One post at a time!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    of course...I do have a reputation to maintain, after all!

;-)
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Dang... now to get a copy of this in my paws....

Does anyone already have Screenshots of the "changes" (especially Graphulator)?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Its funny, an earlier build arrived in the mail today. The builds are coming so fast and furious that by the time I receive one, a newer version is posted on ADC.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Me too. Seems a waste.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

The builds are coming so fast and furious that by the time I receive one, a newer version is posted on ADC.

Well, that shows the pace of development :3

Something inside me tells me that we´ll see Tiger 10.4.0 this March (and no, I won´t hold my breath...)
  • Reply 9 of 12
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    All this talk about Final Cut Pro 5 at NAB makes me think that Tiger will be released alongside Final Cut Pro 5, or at least a release date will be announced.

If NAB is April 16-21 that gives them another month or so before WWDC starts knocking. And I think they'd want Tiger out for a bit before WWDC starts, but you ever know.

Why launch it at WWDC when the developers have been noodling with it for over a year already! Let the final version be out for a bit so people can come to the conference with questions in hand and apps in tow.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Denmaru

Dang... now to get a copy of this in my paws....

Does anyone already have Screenshots of the "changes" (especially Graphulator)?

• Reply 11 of 12
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    8a393 is a pretty stable build. Impressed so far. More testing to follow in the next couple days. CoreImage & CoreVideo work on a 1ghz 32mb ram ibook. Obviously apple realized that they might as well take advantage of as many GPUs as possible.

I'll test it on my g5, g4 tower, and g4 powerbooks later.

No PMs asking where to get the later tiger builds. I am an ADC Select developer
  • Reply 12 of 12
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

CoreImage & CoreVideo work on a 1ghz 32mb ram ibook. Obviously apple realized that they might as well take advantage of as many GPUs as possible.

Is this a mobility 9200? How you are sure that it is the GPU and not the Altivec unit that makes the trick? If I remember correctly, the ATI 9200 was left out of the supported cards list. However, Apple removed recently that list from their site, so it is not publicly known what GPUs will be finally supported and in what manner. Plus, they added that they will support Altivec and multiple processors in CI/CV. Link.