Computer Name Screensaver gone?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I usually use the screensaver in OS X that is the computer name. However, in the screen saver settings, it is gone or something. I click "computer name," and it opens a box, for me to show it where its located. Where is it located?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Funny, that happened to me too.

I thought it was me that did something after I used the Freefall screesaver for a few weeks.

Hmmm!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Well the option is on my new PowerBook 10.3.8 installed.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacAficionado

Funny, that happened to me too.

I thought it was me that did something after I used the Freefall screesaver for a few weeks.

Hmmm!

Wow, I used Freefall too, and it looks like it's gone now!

I didn't really see the purpose of that screensaver to begin with, awfully boring.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Congradulations on being unique. You are one of the only two people on the planet using that screensaver. I don't know if it's just a bug or something, but that thing should have been deleted a long long time ago. It's great way to cause burn in on your CRT (provided you still have one)

Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

I usually use the screensaver in OS X that is the computer name. However, in the screen saver settings, it is gone or something. I click "computer name," and it opens a box, for me to show it where its located. Where is it located?

Thanks for the help.

• Reply 5 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Congradulations on being unique. You are one of the only two people on the planet using that screensaver. I don't know if it's just a bug or something, but that thing should have been deleted a long long time ago. It's great way to cause burn in on your CRT (provided you still have one)

yeah it doesn't refresh does it! I reckon a combo installer would result in the screensaver returning.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Congradulations on being unique. You are one of the only two people on the planet using that screensaver.

I must be the other one. I occasionally use it.