Steve Jobs makes surprise visit to SoHo Apple store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple chief executive, Steve Jobs, on Thursday made a surprise visit to the SoHo Apple retail store located in downtown Manhattan, reports the New York Daily News. Jobs appeared in blue jeans and sneakers, to the surprise of even the store's employees. "The way they keep secrets in this company is crazy," an employee groused to one customer. "I only found out he was here because the managers told us to smile more." But why was Jobs in Manhattan last week? And what other business dealings did he likely show up to address? If you think you may know, please drop us a line.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Maybe he has a girlfriend there.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Did he buy anything? or does he know new products are coming... CONFIRMED!

Imagine going up to the Genius Bar and finding Jobs...
  • Reply 3 of 16
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Probably there to see The Gates, of course, since they come down soon.

Er, these not these.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    He is there to check out he new location for the uptown store. The entire GM front is scaffolded and he probably is there to deal with the NYC building department or the Architect and to better get an idea of/for the space.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Seriously though. This is what I expect from a good CEO. One who can tap into real situation on the ground, rather than filtered or faked information.

Good job and keep it up Jobs!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    awalawal Posts: 66member
    Damn! I was down there early Friday morning!!!
  • Reply 7 of 16
    whoa...can you imagine how many apple geeks must have been in there when freaking steve jobs walks in...i wouldve given up my pinky toe to be there and meet him...
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Damn... This man knows how to handle his business...

Maybe he wanted to see if the new stuff already arrived, since the managers etc. won´t even tell him?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    The Napster CEO/CFO/CwhateverO stole his iPod Shuffle so he was in town and wanted to buy a new Shuffle
  • Reply 10 of 16
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    He had an itch in his firing finger and could not find anyone to fire at AHQ.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Imagine that, one of the highest paid CEOs is actualy doing his job.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

he gets $1 a year. i'm not kidding, ask the other AppleInsiders on this forum
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

and a good job that is this surprise move will strike fear into the heart of every Apple store employee and manager around the world knowing that Steve himself could just pop up one day testing them with, "uhm, i heard that Macs suck and like are way too expensive, and like pee cees rulz, and there's no software and like the iPod battery dies after a day..."
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

he gets $1 a year. i'm not kidding, ask the other AppleInsiders on this forum

No one works for free dude!

Apple CEO highest-paid executive in Bay Area

Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar CEO, was the highest-paid executive in the San Francisco Bay area in 2003, according to a new study.

AP reported today that Jobs received a salary of only $1 in 2003 from Apple, but he traded in almost all of his stock options for $74.8 million in restricted stock, according to an analysis of 400 publicly traded companies in the Bay Area by San Mateo-based Equilar, which tracks executive compensation.

Other Bay Area CEOs in the top five included John Chambers of Cisco Systems Inc. ($47.7 million), Meg Whitman of eBay Inc. ($42.6 million), Stephen Bennett of Intuit Inc. ($29.9 million ) and Craig Conway, formerly of PeopleSoft Inc. ($26.9 million).
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

No one works for free dude!

Apple CEO highest-paid executive in Bay Area

Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar CEO, was the highest-paid executive in the San Francisco Bay area in 2003, according to a new study.

AP reported today that Jobs received a salary of only $1 in 2003 from Apple, but he traded in almost all of his stock options for $74.8 million in restricted stock, according to an analysis of 400 publicly traded companies in the Bay Area by San Mateo-based Equilar, which tracks executive compensation.

Other Bay Area CEOs in the top five included John Chambers of Cisco Systems Inc. ($47.7 million), Meg Whitman of eBay Inc. ($42.6 million), Stephen Bennett of Intuit Inc. ($29.9 million ) and Craig Conway, formerly of PeopleSoft Inc. ($26.9 million).

oh okay okay, if you MUST include other things besides the $1 salary
  • Reply 16 of 16
    The buck is probably for his quick getaway out of Apples gates, it helps appease the hord of unemployed, homeless; ex-Apple employees camped out outside the campus.