starwars ep3

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
slashdot has some niffy links to 80 screens of ep3 ! goto slashdot.org to check'em out

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
  • Reply 2 of 14
    r00dr00d Posts: 14member
    lol thats great good laugh
  • Reply 3 of 14
    i got to see around 5 - 10 minutes of ep3 footage due to a project we just wrapped up. pretty much everything we were privy to looked bad ass. from an action and effects standpoint, i don't think anyone will be disappointed. the opening sequence is worth the price of admission alone.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    i cant wait!! may 19!!
  • Reply 5 of 14

Dude, like, WOAH.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    r00dr00d Posts: 14member
    PREGGERS!
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by J@ffa

Dude, like, WOAH.

Why would they need wings in space?

*dodges flames like neo in the matrix*
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

Because they look badass!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Wouldn't just having engines on the back mean they could only fly forwards?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

*dodges flames like neo in the matrix*

How would they land back on the home planet if they didn't have wings?? In space no, but they still have to land on a planet, thus needing wings...I don't get the question...
  • Reply 11 of 14
    there's like a illustrated starwars book that says something about the wings are for like balance and maneuvarability and stuff while in atmospheric conditions, cos antigravity tech takes care of most atmospheric flight issues... i mean the clone wars assault transport had pretty thin wings, so it's not like 100% used for atmospheric flight

i mean like the millenium falcon can go from street level to space..! in a few minutes...

oh anyway i caught episode 6 return of jedi on TV last night... episode 3 has a lot of ground to cover:

1. start of the empire

2. rise of the emperor

3. anakin-->darth

4. obiwan and yoda getting pissed off about 3. above

5. queen amidala getting knocked up

6. queen amidala giving birth to luke+leia

7. luke's early childhood??

8. leia's early childhood??

9. death of queen amidala

10. start of the rebellion...?

11. han solo's origins..???

(eg. those look like pre-x-wings (six foils instead of four)

etc.

etc.

it will be chock-a-block...! episode 3
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

How would they land back on the home planet if they didn't have wings?? In space no, but they still have to land on a planet, thus needing wings...I don't get the question...

OK, but why do they need 6?

And why does it always show them banking when fighting the tie fighters? Watch that battlestar galactica show and see what it'd be like. The fighters just flip over and attack upside down and all over the place. It'd be nearly impossible to dogfight in space using stationary guns like on the xwing, you need turreted guns so you don't have to be facing directly at them (plus there's no freakin way you'd be able to do it without computer targetting and aiming).

Essentially, you point in a direction and go for hundreds of miles, make a few shots as you pass them at a thousand miles per hour, go for a while, turn around, and try again. Sort of like electrons orbiting an atom.. with guns

When the NASA shuttle goes up, it essentially points in a direction and hits the gas for a minute or two, then spends hours adjusting its trajectory using puny little thrusters.

And how come blaster "rays" travel slower than bullets?

Remember that scene in EP2 when the jedi were using their sabers to deflect all those rays? Why didn't the droids just use a tommy gun and be done with it? Can't move your saber that fast bitches! And even if you could, your wrists would break quickly.

Oh I forgot, this is a "Long time ago in a galaxy far, far away", where the laws of physics differ.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

oh anyway i caught episode 6 return of jedi on TV last night... episode 3 has a lot of ground to cover

You know it's just going to have jarjar narrating and doing the whole movie with Lucas Arts? action figures.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

You know it's just going to have jarjar narrating and doing the whole movie with Lucas Arts? action figures.

i would definitely ask for a refund of my $10 movie ticket then

jeez.. i take it you're not into star wars? or the special "physics" of star wars?? hmmm