Fujitsu ScanSnap for OS X

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Did anyone see the ScanSnap at Macworld SF 2005? I've been hoping Fujitsu would announce OS X support for their ScanSnap scanner but figured it would never happen. But then I was pleasantly suprised to find a thread saying that the ScanSnap was at the Macworld to see how much interest there is for it on OS X. The thread above shows a link to the Japanese version of the ScanSnap manager, and I was lucky enough to get someone to email me the English "beta" version. Though it's called beta, it looks beautiful and ready for use. (I don't have the scanner yet so I can't really try it out)

Today I called Fujitsu and they said there are currently no plans to release OS X support for this scanner. It would be wonderful if they did, so I'm wondering why there's not much interest in it from the Mac community. Fujitsu went through the trouble of writing the software and the manual for OS X so why not release it?

Doesn't anyone else have the need for a document scanner like this? Or am I an oddball?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macvault

Did anyone see the ScanSnap at Macworld SF 2005? I've been hoping Fujitsu would announce OS X support for their ScanSnap scanner but figured it would never happen. But then I was pleasantly suprised to find a thread saying that the ScanSnap was at the Macworld to see how much interest there is for it on OS X. The thread above shows a link to the Japanese version of the ScanSnap manager, and I was lucky enough to get someone to email me the English "beta" version. Though it's called beta, it looks beautiful and ready for use. (I don't have the scanner yet so I can't really try it out)

Today I called Fujitsu and they said there are currently no plans to release OS X support for this scanner. It would be wonderful if they did, so I'm wondering why there's not much interest in it from the Mac community. Fujitsu went through the trouble of writing the software and the manual for OS X so why not release it?

Doesn't anyone else have the need for a document scanner like this? Or am I an oddball?

You know Macs are only good for Graphics.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macvault

MacVault:

I heard about this scanner on the MacLaw email list . . . I too am interested in document scanning in OS X, but have been left rather forlorn for sometime since OmniPage X has been 'broken' since Jaguar (10.2) I believe.

Thoughts?

YoungTurk