Questions about OS X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I"m looking into buying a powerbook for myself. Does anyone have a link containing pros and cons about OS X compared to windows. And also, when is OS X tiger coming out? If its gonna come out soon i might as well wait for it, don't wanna buy something new then have the old OS. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    http://www.xvsxp.com/ has some comparisons you might want to read. The release date for Tiger is uncertain. There's some speculation that it may be released in June at Apple's WWDC.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    If you don't mind a more biased source, Apple maintains a web page for potential switchers with various FAQs, comparisons, testimonials, and press reviews.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Danny248

I"m looking into buying a powerbook for myself. Does anyone have a link containing pros and cons about OS X compared to windows. And also, when is OS X tiger coming out? If its gonna come out soon i might as well wait for it, don't wanna buy something new then have the old OS. Any suggestions?

search in google to find lots of reviews. Everyone on these forums would probably argue OS X is better! If you want to know anything in particular I can answer - I use both.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Oh yeah, ask me too! I use OS X and Windows 2000 at home, and OS X and Windows XP at school... took that experience for granted.