Need ipod repair advice

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello all...I'm looking for some advice on a recent ipod repair...

I received my ipod from the apple online store on January 14th. It originally worked, but then began to crash repeatedly after approximately four hours of use. In my mind, this was a doa unit.

Apple sent an empty box and I shipped it back to apple (I shipped on the 24th, and they didn't register it until the 29th), and I am still awaiting its return. I originally placed my order on the 7th, and am still ipodless!

My question is this: if Apple releases a new ipod this week before I get a new unit, can I request an upgrade? Or will they laugh in my face? I know Apple's policy is as follows...

"Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price.Â* To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment. "

...but I am unsure what the deal is with units that are doa. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, if they send a refurbished unit (which would be a real kick in the balls), can I make a stink and request a new unit instead?

I'd like to be prepared before I have to deal with customer service.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    My guess is that if they can't fix your iPod, they'll give you a new iPod.

But I wouldn't hold my breath hoping to receive any just announced product in place of your broken one.