Miglia Director's Cut SCART or Alchemy TV DVR card?

regreg
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am looking to get something for transferring some VHS tapes to DVD. I have been using a slow process of transferring things thru a Canon GL2 then to the computer. I will be making the DVD's on a dual 2.0 . So my question is if anyone has tried either of these and what their experience with them was like. Thanks

reg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

I am looking to get something for transferring some VHS tapes to DVD. I have been using a slow process of transferring things thru a Canon GL2 then to the computer. I will be making the DVD's on a dual 2.0 . So my question is if anyone has tried either of these and what their experience with them was like. Thanks

reg

i dont have experience with those, but I have a Canopus ADVC-100 (~$250) that does a great job of getting analog stuff into (or out of) final cut.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have a Miglia Director's Cut Scart, and it's excellent. Does exactly as it should do - takes video in one end and puts out DV on the other. One thing to think about is what format you want though. DV is good for editing, but uses up a lot of disc space. Whereas the Alchemy thing looks like it will compress the video as it's coming in, which will be more efficient for disk space, but make it less easy to edit what you've captured.