How well is the new iMac selling?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anybody know how well the new iMac is selling?

And do you expect to see a speed bump any time soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    well enough where Apple for the first time seperated Emac from iMac sales. They stopped spinning numbers. If they just give it a modern GPU they wont be able to keep up.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    337,000 last quarter.... so yes it's selling pretty well. I'd expect that number to trend downwards a bit this quarter due to it not being the holiday season, in addition to the Mac mini.

Speed bump would be likely sometime in the first half of the year, IMO... sometime after a PM update.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    that's going to make it hard on me.

I've been with the mini for a week - it's bought my love. So the next step is either a PM or a speedbumped iMac 20"

It's nice just to get work done. I know my parents need their machine replaced sometime soon (it's got "Jumbo Engine" syndrome right now - that and the viruses my pop gets through email are insane) so I'm thinking either mini or iMac. I think the mini might be a good choice as he owns a 19" true flat NEC CRT - but then again, if he ponies up for the 20" he'll be a happy man. Needless to say the halo effect doesn't end here.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I know of two people who are waiting for Tiger to arrive before upgrading to an iMac 20'' . Both are current Mac users and feel that they save $129 assuming Tiger comes loaded with new hardware.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I wonder what happened to Apple's Mac Advertising dept. (?)

I'll bet Macs would sell better if people actually knew about them (and their benefits...)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

I wonder what happened to Apple's Mac Advertising dept. (?)

I'll bet Macs would sell better if people actually knew about them (and their benefits...)

I thought that was part of the Office - Apple deal. No Apple adverts about software, only hardware so they could not talk of the advantages of the OS. If they advertised as having no viruses etc. they would do brilliantly - although I'm sure people would work doubly hard to come up with some viruses!!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Well, they better be selling, because I don't think they're selling too many Powermacs.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Well, they better be selling, because I don't think they're selling too many Powermacs.

or eMacs/PowerBooks - people still want G5s and Jobs better reach that 3.0GHz target - it's a year late!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Mmmmm? I'm thinking about investing in a new 20" iMac but I have an uncanny ability to buy a week or two before major spec bumps.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

Mmmmm? I'm thinking about investing in a new 20" iMac but I have an uncanny ability to buy a week or two before major spec bumps.

Messiah can walk on water but he can't predict Apple's speed bumps.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

wait till Tiger and save $130