Apple Salary Levels

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are they any former or current Apple employees out there that can give me a hint to the salary levels at Apple? Does each deparment have their own pay levels? How do their IT salary levels compare to other companies?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Apple like any "name" company does not have to pay a majority of their employees above industry standard. Thus don't expect Apple to match that little Silicon Valley startup for pay.

Here in Washington you don't go to Microsoft to make more money than anywhere else you go there because Microsoft is a great resume builder.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Apple like any "name" company does not have to pay a majority of their employees above industry standard. Thus don't expect Apple to match that little Silicon Valley startup for pay.

Here in Washington you don't go to Microsoft to make more money than anywhere else you go there because Microsoft is a great resume builder.

Really? In the east it is the oposite - start ups pay a lot less, but you also get orders of magnitude more options - so you only join a start up that you really believe in.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Thus don't expect Apple to match that little Silicon Valley startup for pay.

I would work there for free.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I would work there for free.

I would work there for $1.00 per year.

With the same benefits package that Steve has!!

• Reply 5 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

i have no firs hand knowledge but from what I hear Apple pays pretty well. Not the best, but certainly above "industry standard." They also are known to pay considerably more to certain people they see are deserving and cant lose or pass up.