Next Apple Innovation Events

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi

Are there any events in the near future, where new apple products could be presented?

When are they?

What could be presented? Tiger?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dschango

Hi

Are there any events in the near future, where new apple products could be presented?

When are they?

What could be presented? Tiger?

WWDC- Worldwide Developers Conference.

smart money is on Tiger either there or shortly before.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/index.html

see apple.com for other events.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    NAB (National Association of Broadcasters). IIRC, Apple has introduced new versions of their video content creation apps (Motion, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro) and I _THINK_ XSAN at NAB.

This year I suspect we'll see CoreImage/Data versions of all/some of the pro apps, and QT7 with strong emphasis on H.264. Tiger should be out by then; I doubt they'd show Core-enabled versions of the pro apps without a finalized OS to run them on. \

In my dreams, Apple would release an AirPort Express A/V and announce an LED based projector.

If this is "the year of HD", NAB is a good place to make a big splash. I'm really looking forward to NAB this year.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    iblahiblah Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasenj1

NAB (National Association of Broadcasters). IIRC, Apple has introduced new versions of their video content creation apps (Motion, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro) and I _THINK_ XSAN at NAB.

This year I suspect we'll see CoreImage/Data versions of all/some of the pro apps, and QT7 with strong emphasis on H.264. Tiger should be out by then; I doubt they'd show Core-enabled versions of the pro apps without a finalized OS to run them on. \

In my dreams, Apple would release an AirPort Express A/V and announce an LED based projector.

If this is "the year of HD", NAB is a good place to make a big splash. I'm really looking forward to NAB this year.

- Jasen.

Sorry for the question.. but when is NAB?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    NAB 2005 is April 18th-21st.

My guess is that we see.

Final Cut Pro 5-

Background Rendering

Multicam

Multichannel recording

Core Image/Video support

Better Core Audio support(Full AU support)

HDV support

Livetype HD

Soundtrack 2

DTS Encoding/Decoding

Motion 2.0-

Core Image/Video support

10 bit support

3D support

Motion Tracking

Shake 4-

Major upgrade.

Better integration with Production suite

Core Image/Video

Better painting tools

DVD SP-

More transitions and templates

Ability to burn DVD-Audio

Bug fixes

And I think Apple announces a new "never before seen" application. Hopefully 3D
  • Reply 5 of 13
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    ehh i dont think tiger will come out at WWDC. i wonder what will come out though? any ideas?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

ehh i dont think tiger will come out at WWDC. i wonder what will come out though? any ideas?

Tiger pretty much has to come out by WWDC. Steve did promise to ship Tiger 1st half of 2005. They don't have many weeks beyond WWDC to keep that promise.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

And I think Apple announces a new "never before seen" application. Hopefully 3D [/B]

3D? As in modeling, animation, or what? And if any of those, why? There are lots of great 3D apps for the Mac, and several are open source/free ones. Unless by "never before seen" you mean some crazy new 3D thing that will make people hit their foreheads and say, "why didn't I think of that?"

I think WWDC will see PCI-Express PowerMacs and a big emphasis on CoreImage/Video - teaching all the devs to REALLY take advantage of the GPU, possibly beyond image manipulation, but as a specialized general processing unit. Oh, and those Dashboard widget thingies. LOTS and LOTS of sessions on developing Dashboard widgets.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ghstmarsghstmars Posts: 140member
    Fantasia?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Tiger pretty much has to come out by WWDC. Steve did promise to ship Tiger 1st half of 2005. They don't have many weeks beyond WWDC to keep that promise.

My guess is AT wwdc apple will announce the ship of Tiger.

They are rapidly finishing up on the development. Judging from the reduced numbers of issues that Apple is pointing the developers to.

At that point we might also get some more info about cell etc.

My guess also at NAB you will get more QT7 preview and HD apps.

This is supposed to be the "Year of HD"

Let's see.

One Sony camera does not make a "Year of HD" even with steve's RDF

Although no 3ghz by summer (of what year is the question)
  • Reply 10 of 13
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Hmm? WWDC is early June. I'm sure they'll squeeze every day out of "first half" like they always do. I'd say on June 32nd the first copy will be delivered.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Tiger development is slowing down. I believe they are feature complete for the most part. Everything is bugs from here on out. Tiger 8a393 is pretty damn stable for a developer build. Very excited!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

3D? As in modeling, animation, or what? And if any of those

Hell Apple just needs to buy Luxology

They don't need to compete directly with Maya but they need a foot into 3D for video and the inevitable 3D invasion into the OS.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    http://www.fose.com/

FOSE April 5th - 7th, Washington D.C. (Federal Markets).

APPLE Computer Inc.

Booth: 1303

Address: 1 Infinite Loop

Cupertino, CA 95014

USA

Event Manager, Worldwide Corporate Events

PH: 408-974-0139

Phone: 1-877-41-apple

Company Fax: n/a

Categories ::
    • Computers

• Desktop Personal Computers