Web chat support for iMacs

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just noticed this. Hopefully they extend this for all their offerings.

http://www.apple.com/support/chat/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Only problem is, if your Mac is >90 days old you have to buy AppleCare in order to use this. I tried and it told me I was beyond 90 days. Two days later I get some Apple guy calling me at home trying to sell me AppleCare.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Only problem is, if your Mac is >90 days old you have to buy AppleCare in order to use this. I tried and it told me I was beyond 90 days. Two days later I get some Apple guy calling me at home trying to sell me AppleCare.

nice, well it complies to their pricing strategy. 90 days of free support after that you have to pay. Your outside the 90 days and therefore you can;'t use the support. I wish it worked for iLife cos iMove is being a birch for me!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

nice, well it complies to their pricing strategy. 90 days of free support after that you have to pay. Your outside the 90 days and therefore you can;'t use the support. I wish it worked for iLife cos iMove is being a birch for me!

Yea, I understand this and have no problem whatsoever.

I just saw the "help us test out our new chat support" or however it was worded and tried to log on. I figured they wanted beta testers so I didn't think at first the 90 day limitation would apply. Oh well.

www.macosx.com is offering free tech support via email. I'll probably mail them about my iMac's sleep problem tonight or something. You might want to check over there and see if they're supporting iMovie too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Yea, I understand this and have no problem whatsoever.

I just saw the "help us test out our new chat support" or however it was worded and tried to log on. I figured they wanted beta testers so I didn't think at first the 90 day limitation would apply. Oh well.

www.macosx.com is offering free tech support via email. I'll probably mail them about my iMac's sleep problem tonight or something. You might want to check over there and see if they're supporting iMovie too.

thanks, yeah i'll try them out. I think Apple should give more than 90 days support anyway.