When do 17" Powerbooks ship??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anybody know? When do they get to the stores?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    warpdwarpd Posts: 204member
    Currently showing a 6-8 week shipping time

• Reply 2 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Same day as 10.2.4 is released.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by warpd:

<strong>Currently showing a 6-8 week shipping time

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's for new orders, and I would think is a general term. I want to know when MY 17" AlBook will ship. I ordered on Jan 10. Almost a month now.

This is worse than Christmas.

Terry
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I called the Houston Galleria Apple Store and the recording said the 17" PowerBook should be in the store by late February. I would think they would fill the back orders before supplying display models to stores.

Let's hope they start to show up soon.

Terry
  • Reply 5 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]I called the Houston Galleria Apple Store and the recording said the 17" PowerBook should be in the store by late February. I would think they would fill the back orders before supplying display models to stores.<hr></blockquote>

I hate to burst your bubble but it's nearly a certainty that the retail stores will get display models before any customer does.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote] I hate to burst your bubble but it's nearly a certainty that the retail stores will get display models before any customer does. <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, even when typing that message, I was thinking Apple would probably ship each store a display model first. This means Apple only needs to ship a few units to generate sales in the retail chain since there are so many fewer Apple Stores than there are backordered units.

Terry
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I just hear from my rep at Mac Zones and he informed me that Apple will be supplying the retail chain with 2 units each. One for the first backorder and one for display. This allows them to say they are shipping and gets them in front of the public. This should still happen in Feb.

He said Apple pushed the timeline back to mid March for all other back orders.

Bummer!

Terry