New Adobe Creative Apps To Be Introduced Today?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Dear Friends

The PhotoshopWorld keynote begins at 9 am PT, and according to MacNN, Adobe is going to preview some "emerging technologies."

Adobe announced the initial release of the current Creative Suite, which included Photoshop 8, at PhotoshopWorld in Miami Beach in September 2003 (I was there), so I guess it's quite likely that we could hear something about Photoshop 9 in a little more than three hours.

Personally, I'd love to see reduced application launch time and to see Actions improved. I want to be able to select printer, printer settings, paper type, and image orientation (portrait or landscape) with Actions. Perhaps this is available via AppleScript or JavaScript, but if so, I'm not aware of it.

Sincerely,

Jaddie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, i'm certainly hopeful. i just wish they could get the rest of the creative suite and the acrobat development cycles back in-line again (of course, when have they ever been???). at least acrobat 7 has only recently come out, so it's not too much out of sync. but if cs2 doesn't ship for four more months... it's somewhat reminiscent of the macromedia studio system, where flash, fireworks and dreamweaver all get updated at once, and freehand is sometime 6-8 months later. but hey, i guess if they're still generating a profit, more power to 'em.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Already??? Jeez, it was like yesterday when CS came out!!!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear Friends

I'm very surprised that we didn't hear any mention of the next version of Photoshop at the Photoshop World keynote.

I'm guessing that a new version will not ship within the next ninety days because we would have heard more about it at the keynote.

Oh, well, I reckon we get to hang onto our loot for a while longer.

I wonder, though, if there was an announcement that was simply scrapped at the last minute.

Sincerely,

Jaddie