Getting to the HD on an ibook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm looking to open up my ibook to put a bigger hard drive inside, and I was wondering if anyone here has tried it before. I'm handy with tools, but I'm not sure where to begin. I have no problem with someone telling my how to do it rather than me having to guess. It's an ibook G4 12.1", the 1.0ghz model, if that info is needed. I noticed the allen wrench screws on the bottom, and taking them out didn't seem to get me anywhere. Any ideas or links would be appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wingnut

I'm looking to open up my ibook to put a bigger hard drive inside, and I was wondering if anyone here has tried it before. I'm handy with tools, but I'm not sure where to begin. I have no problem with someone telling my how to do it rather than me having to guess. It's an ibook G4 12.1", the 1.0ghz model, if that info is needed. I noticed the allen wrench screws on the bottom, and taking them out didn't seem to get me anywhere. Any ideas or links would be appreciated!

I found this site that has instructions on how to open and replace the hd on an ibook g4. It's not the exact model, but it should be pretty similar.

http://www.sterpin.net/uk/ddibookg4uk.htm
  • Reply 2 of 2
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    Wow! That's a lot of work. I might wait a while before doing this one.

Thanks!