Clock, wifi, BT, etc. icons have disapperead from the upper right?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
All of my icons have disappeared from the upper right corner of my screen. I have no clock, no BT icon, no wifi symbol, nothing.

Anyone know what I can do to get it back and know what everything disapeered? This is bugging me to death.

Thanks,

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I would like to add that both accounts on my iMac G5 OS X 10.3.8 have no icons at all, nothing, on the rightside of the menu bar. So evidently, something has went wrong some where.

iTunes is hanging up and won't play, won't quit, won't force quit. The spinning wheel just spins when the program loads. Unfortunately, when I restart the computer, I don't get my icons back on the menu bar and iTunes is still messed up.

I noticed a problem with iTunes last night when I could never play songs on my iBook across the network. It would load my iMac songs but not play them. The spinning wheel would just spin.

Eric
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Interesting... certain "extras" that I have up there like synergy and fuzzy clock are not working, but everything else seems fine.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    PocketMac Pro seems when sync'd with USB cables (as opposed to Blue Tooth) causes a problem with iTunes. Very weird.

Problem is resolved, for now.

Paul, do you use PocketMac Pro? This never happened before 10.3.9.

Eric
  • Reply 4 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

All of my icons have disappeared from the upper right corner of my screen. I have no clock, no BT icon, no wifi symbol, nothing.

Anyone know what I can do to get it back and know what everything disapeered? This is bugging me to death.

Thanks,

Eric

to get these back in future, go to Hard Disk>System>Library>Core Services>MenuExtras

then you can double click on the names of the menus you want. (That location may be slightly wrong as I have no mac to check on )

Edit: got my Mac so changed the location as it was slightly wrong.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Has your problem been resolved?

I found out what was causing my 3rd party additions to be screwy... My fuzzyclock preferences somehow got borked and caused the font to be 144pt... resulting in it taking up so much space that there was no room for anything else.

also, have you run activity monitor to see if your menuextras process is hung?