Crossfade? ?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay I spent a few hours tearing apart a shuffle today. After a co-worker and I spent 5 hours messing with the mp3 chip we figure out how to cross fade, however we had to use another chip to buffer or something and it's not in the shuffle anymore. He did the hard parts, I'll have to ask him specifically what he did. I mostly watched and tore it apart ;-)

Do all ipods have same basic chipset and is there a good reason they can't crossfade?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Okay I spent a few hours tearing apart a shuffle today. After a co-worker and I spent 5 hours messing with the mp3 chip we figure out how to cross fade, however we had to use another chip to buffer or something and it's not in the shuffle anymore. He did the hard parts, I'll have to ask him specifically what he did. I mostly watched and tore it apart ;-)

Do all ipods have same basic chipset and is there a good reason they can't crossfade?

Thr reason is that two streams must be decoded simultaneously during the fade, in other words you'll need a processor with at lease twice the horsepower.