Apple to strengthen iDisk, Mail functions in Mac OS X 10.3.9

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to reports, Apple on Wednesday seeded its developers with Mac OS X 10.3.9 build 7W77.

This latest seed is just the second wide-spread build of the Panther system update distributed to developers. In late February, the company offered developers Mac OS X 10.3.9 build 7W72.

With the latest seed, Apple reportedly asked developers to focus their testing efforts on areas of recent change to the system, including: iDisk Synching, Mail, DVD Player, Date and Time, Fonts, AFPServer, and both USB and FireWire devices.

The company also asked that developers continue to test previously specified areas of the system, such as Bluetooth, DVD Player, Modems (both internal and external), Networking, Printing, Safari, Terminal and USB devices.

Build 7W77 also includes fixes to audio, FireWire video, and wake from sleep functions, tipsters added.

Mac OS X 10.3.9 is expected to be one of the final updates to Mac OS X 10.3.9, as Apple approaches a release of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" in May or June.

Mac OS X 10.3.9, which is focused on improving the overall stability and reliable of Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther," is expected to debut inbetween late March and early April.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    I hope we see 10.3.10 before Panther stops getting updates. We could put a regular argument to rest once and for all.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Kasper; future hardware? I know this is future speculation, but Mac OS would be a better spot, no?

I don't forsee a 10.3.10 anyhow.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Changes to Time & Date? Maybe we'll see the iCal icon fixed before Tiger . . .
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Will Apple roll dual-core CPU support into 10.3.9? Or will that be in 10.3.10?

Or Apple could always do a Smeagol release, giving the dual dualie Powermacs their very own special edition of 10.3.9.

Eh, or maybe the 970mp goodies are in Tiger. :/
  • Reply 5 of 7
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Or Apple could always do a Smeagol release, giving the dual dualie Powermacs their very own special edition of 10.3.9.

As for 10.3 owners, how many are going to buy a new computer with Tiger loaded and then revert to 10.3? But 10.3 will run fine or Apple will roll in support into an update to 10.3. My guess is that 10.3 may not see all of the cores but that is a WAG. 10.4 will be better able to use those cores.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

I find it monumentally entertaining that people sit back and speculate about processors and products that simply don't exist.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DonkeyRinse

I find it monumentally entertaining that people sit back and speculate about processors and products that simply don't exist.

You've come to the right place.