Ridiculous, but apparently real, shuffle clone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iPodlounge dug this up today. It IS the iPod shuffle, with an FM tuner added. I mean surely they can't legally do this, but it's a real product. They "cleverly" named it the Super shuffle."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    You've gotta love the About Us section of their site:

Quote:

LUXPRO CORPORATION is recognized by a technological group. They work in researching, designing, and innovation products for over 30 years. LUXPRO always insists to provide you comfortable customer services and high quality products to match your requirements.

We will keep going to be a designing leader. Our products are always so useful to meet what you need. Our mission is to improve your living quality and to create your life value. If you can imagine it, LUXPRO CORPORATION can make it.

No matter how old you are, what you do, or where you live, chances are a LUXPRO CORPORATION product touches your life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Location:

3F, NO.39, Alley 20, Lane 407, Sec. 2, Tiding Blvd., Neihu District,Taipei 114, Taiwan.

Tel: +886-2-2659-6868 Fax: +886-2-2659-3939

Company Occupation: About 1,000 square meters

Factory Occupation: About 10,000 square meters

License Registration: December, 2002

Office Employees: 40 members

Factory Employees: 250 members

• Reply 2 of 7
    Holy space monkey!

Anyone here remember the bondi blue iMac clone that ran Windows 98??
  • Reply 3 of 7
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    LuxPro: Being sued is for many happy customers bring great justice!

Needless to say if it hits the market it'll get violated like a ticking Lada parked in front of the Whitehouse. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    qchemqchem Posts: 73member
    I have no idea about US IP law (such as copyright, patents etc) or other US laws, but if apple has no patent on the design of the iPod shuffle whats to stop such rip-offs?

I'm not advocating it, just wondering..
  • Reply 5 of 7
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Qchem

I have no idea about US IP law (such as copyright, patents etc) or other US laws, but if apple has no patent on the design of the iPod shuffle whats to stop such rip-offs?

I'm not advocating it, just wondering..

Does the delict (tort) of goodwill passing off apply in the US? It can do in the UK and has been applied where people haven't taken out a patent. I'd assume that Apple has a patent on the design anyway though? Surely.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    denmarudenmaru Posts: 208member
    They even copied the headphones - I wonder if this is a Hoax, since the earphones look a lot like Copy & Paste to me...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Is Luxpro just a bunch of F***ING DUMBASSES TRYING TO BE FUNNY?