What Do You Use Safari Bookmarks Menu For?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, I am stumped. There's the bookmarks window. From there I can select AddressBook websites, History, bookmarks I made myself, change the Bookmarks bar buttons (PS: Anyone have good javascript for that?) - all that I have is BugMeNot, Lookup, and Fullsize, and Rendevous stuff... but I don't know what use the bookmarks menu is for, do you have any useful ideas? All I can think of is put Apple-related stuff in there...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I hope your kidding, but your not. Why not bookmark some websites which you might forget? LIKE THIS!

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/home.asp?section=home

theres not a chance in the world that id be able to retrace the forum tracking or remember the exact page. And these guys own. checkout there TVs and speakers
  • Reply 2 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    If you have several sites that you start the day with or are checking at the same time it is great to have this. At the bottom of menu item you can open all the items in tabs. Great function if you have a fast connection.

reg
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pins and needles

I hope your kidding, but your not. Why not bookmark some websites which you might forget? LIKE THIS!

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/home.asp?section=home

theres not a chance in the world that id be able to retrace the forum tracking or remember the exact page. And these guys own. checkout there TVs and speakers

I think you misunderestimated me

I meant for a specific menu in the bookmarks "area"

Just wondering why there are so many sections, like the bookmarks bar, bookmarks themselves, and the bookmarks menu all for pretty much the same thing. I wanted to know if there were any power-uses for them...Like open in tabs for the menu or bar.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iShawn

I think you misunderestimated me

I meant for a specific menu in the bookmarks "area"

Just wondering why there are so many sections, like the bookmarks bar, bookmarks themselves, and the bookmarks menu all for pretty much the same thing. I wanted to know if there were any power-uses for them...Like open in tabs for the menu or bar.

In preferences I only chose bookmarks bar. I think the rest are there to take up space until TIGERs safari is out., or until they find something to do with the spaces. I think it's more of a preview. But I only have the bookmarks menu in my bookmarks selected from preferences.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    What's great about OS X and most Apple apps is you can do what you want with them.

I put the sites I go to most often in my bookmark's bar.

They're there for quick access. I've also put some folders on the bar and have them "open in tabs" as an example.

I have 4 apple news sites I visit each day. I have all four sites in a folder. The folder is on the bookmarks bar and I have it set to open in tabs. I do the same with the 6 or 7 comic strips I read each day.

In the "bookmarks" menu; I've put folders for sites I go to fairly regularly...

blogs

politics

banking

shopping

and so on....

I find it easier to access bookmarks more quickly by going to the menu bar to access my "bookmarks" menu (which is a dropdown menu) and the folders allow me to keep the list more short and manageable.

Sites I go to less frequently than once a month I put in the bookmarks page that you get by clicking on the bookmark icon of the safari toolbar.

that's what works for me...

what works for you could be completely different..

:-)