My Interview Today - Wish Me Luck

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've got an interview to be a lecturer/senior multimedia lecturer at this place y'all:

http://www.theoneacademy.edu.my

wish me luck, critiques/suggestions on my portfolio welcome:

http://www.phatcraft.com

general rants, shared experiences welcome.

i'll post back on how it goes, good therapy for me, maybe it will help y'all lovely appleInsider peoples

take care... interview is in 5 hours time

*slightly nervous*

..these ad/marketing people are a bit psycho sometimes

and art schools are getting quite competitive nowadays as y'all know

hmm.. anyway i'm scoping out Masters programmes, that might be my next course of action to 'level up' in the real world... me bro is in UK, so maybe can sponge off him while doing Masters in UK for 1 or 2 years (i am in malaysia at the moment after living in australia and san fran for many many years)

peace

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Good Luck! I just landed a new gig at work! Off to NY we go!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    good luck man, let us know how it turns out!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    aww, congrats and thanks all..!

yeah it went pretty smooth, so i'll take things one step at a time. i celebrated by getting 2 DVDs and unwinding now having fun learning ffmpeg... i've totally got aspect ratio and cropping and subtitles (.idx) down pat..!

*sigh* yeah it's an interesting gig, the best part is i got to speak directly to the faculty person rather than some f8cking lame ass admin/hr persons. no offense intended, but admin/hr are the bane of an art/creative/intelligent/tech person..!

(sadly, they never seemed too bright to me, and only a few have been nice and friendly and actually care more about the HUMAN side than the RESOURCES side)

but yeah like i said the head of multimedia dept. had her sh1t together and was professional yet open-minded...