PHP5 w/Complete Apache 2.0.52

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I wanted to get Apache 2, so I downloaded and installed Complete Apache 2.0.52 because I'm too stupid to install it without a provided installer like they provide. Problem is I believe because it installed into different directories than the default, when I tried to install PHP 5.0.3 for Apache 2...well nothing happened.

Is there a way I can fix this so entropy's php build works with my apache 2 install?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    First off, "nothing happened" is ridiculously vague. No one can ever help you with that soft of information. Never, ever, use that in a problem description.

Secondly, did you use --with-apxs2= in your configure statement pointing to the apxs2 that your Apache 2 is using?

Third, PHP does not automatically change your httpd.conf file, you do know that you have to make the changes there that are in the readme files right? You read them, right?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Secondly, did you use --with-apxs2= in your configure statement pointing to the apxs2 that your Apache 2 is using?

The reason I said Complete Apache 2.0.52 is because that is the proper name for that package...which contains doesn't require any configure statements.

I also mentioned the entropy package because again...no editing files, installer package does all the work for you.

I did try compiling it myself, but I continually get this error...

Quote:

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

See `config.log' for more details.

Edit: What I meant by nothing happens, is that PHP didn't work with apache. My php pages weren't being parsed. Maybe now you can see why I'm the 'Most Hated Member'
  • Reply 3 of 5
    That last message means you have to actually install the compiler before using it (developer tools).

PS... to your edit... you did read my last post? no?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Well, I don't want to say you are wrong...but you are. At least with PHP 4.x.x from entropy, I never had to change anything...well besides some things in the php.ini, but that was personal preference.

Odd, I have the dev tools installed, but I guess I'll install it again just to be sure. ...maybe I should update them, it's just the original from 10.3
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Ok...reinstalled dev tools, and by the looks of 'locate gcc' i have 3.3 installed.

You seem to know what you are talking about...so what do I do now, I still go the message.