Is there any hope for syncing my Palm Vx?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently decided to take my Palm Vx out of the mothballs as part of a promise to be more organized and take advantage of the things I already own, including my .Mac membership. At first I was excited about using Mark/Space's Missing Sync program, which I've heard great things about.

But it requires Palm OS 4. And I'm pretty sure my Vx can only support 3.5.3. (If I'm wrong, please tell me, because that solves the problem below.)

So I decided I'd give the ol' Palm Desktop/iSync combination another try, even though the last time I did it, it duplicated all my iCal events and f'd up my Address Book entries. So after backing both of those things up, I downloaded Palm Desktop, but it said it couldn't complete the install, even though it appeared everything was there.

Palm Desktop itself started up fine, but when I tried to open the HotSync manager to get my conduits all set up, I was told I couldn't do that because of a "shared library error: "4<HotSync Manager><HotSync Manager><HotSyncLib.PPC><>." That appears along with an "Unexpected Error #-50" message.

Anyone knows what gives? I really want to be able to use this thing and not go buy some new one just cause it supports Palm OS 4.0. I really don't have the money for that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    dude, throw the outdated Palm out the window... get a SonyEricsson T630 or better, do all iSync with Bluetooth. Cell/Mobile phone and a little Organizer all in one, syncs great with Apple over Bluetooth.

or get an iPod mini... syncs great, calendar, contacts, etc, except of course no input, its all view only...

sorry if i sound like an ass, but this worked for me, i have laid Palm OS to rest. i used to be a big fan, but the time has come to move on...

playing with 'conduits' and shite like that is so 20th century
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    apologies if my above post was somewhat vehement.

missing sync website lists:

"

Your Handheld

Palm OS 4 or Palm OS 5

Native USB, Wi-Fi (802.11) or Bluetooth connection

Check the supported device list for details

"

hmmm i just reread your post, and i don't think i've been much help

*beats self up over not helping out anyone at genius bar*