G-Force Standalone, AppleScript, and Mac OS X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello,

I am attempting to write an AppleScript that "toggles" between the standalone versions of WhiteCap and G-Force audio visualizers for Mac OS X (www.soundspectrum.com). I need for the script (actually two scripts) to quit the visualizer that is currently running, launch the other one, and switch it to fullscreen mode.

I have written an AppleScript that manages to accomplish the "quit-one-launch-the-other" part of what I am trying to accomplish, but I can't seem to find a way to activate the fullscreen mode. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by s6275

Hello,

I am attempting to write an AppleScript that "toggles" between the standalone versions of WhiteCap and G-Force audio visualizers for Mac OS X (www.soundspectrum.com). I need for the script (actually two scripts) to quit the visualizer that is currently running, launch the other one, and switch it to fullscreen mode.

I have written an AppleScript that manages to accomplish the "quit-one-launch-the-other" part of what I am trying to accomplish, but I can't seem to find a way to activate the fullscreen mode. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Post what you have so far.

This works for me, to set the fullscreen and turn the visual "gaslight".

Code:

tell application "iTunes"

set visuals enabled to true

set full screen to true

set current visual to visual "gaslight"

end tell

• Reply 2 of 3
    s6275s6275 Posts: 19member
    Thanks for the reply. I am mainly concerned with the standalone-app versions of G-Force and WhiteCap (found in Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins, and /G-Force/ or /WhiteCap/, depending...

Here's what I have now, and it works as long as 'Enable access for assistive devices' is enabled in the Universal Access prefs. This is the one I am using to switch from G-Force standalone to WhiteCap standalone:

tell application "G-Force"

\tactivate

\tquit

end tell

tell application "WhiteCap"

\tactivate

end tell

tell application "System Events"

\tclick menu item "Fullscreen" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1 of process "WhiteCap"

end tell

I was, and still am, hoping to find a more straightforward means of doing this that doesn't rely on System Events.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by s6275

Thanks for the reply. I am mainly concerned with the standalone-app versions of G-Force and WhiteCap (found in Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins, and /G-Force/ or /WhiteCap/, depending...

Here's what I have now, and it works as long as 'Enable access for assistive devices' is enabled in the Universal Access prefs. This is the one I am using to switch from G-Force standalone to WhiteCap standalone:

tell application "G-Force"

\tactivate

\tquit

end tell

tell application "WhiteCap"

\tactivate

end tell

tell application "System Events"

\tclick menu item "Fullscreen" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1 of process "WhiteCap"

end tell

I was, and still am, hoping to find a more straightforward means of doing this that doesn't rely on System Events.

OK then you need to see if that app "WhiteCap" is scriptable. Drag the app's icon onto the Script Editor icon to see.