Preview a 12" screen on a 15" screen?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm looking into getting a new miniBook, but I'm concerned that I might not adjust well to the smaller screen size. I currently have a TiBook DVI. Can I simulate a 12" screen somehow?

Oh, this may be a software question, I'm not sure. I guess it depends on the answer...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The Ti screen is 1280x854; the 12-inch is 1024x768. Take a screen grab of your Ti display, then in Photoshop drop a 1024x768 box onto it, and you'll see how much screen you'll miss.

Actually, I'm curious myself, so see <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/johneue/12vsTi.jpg"; target="_blank">here.</a>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    A 12'' is not practical for all the time use. You should probably have a seperate monitor for home use, but I think the portable 12'' screen is awesome.

A compromise but I made one when I got my iMac instead of the Cube that had a 19'' screen connected to it. That was a very drastic change of 4 inches and a res hit of an ungodly ammount. I adjusted, so can you.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I am not sure of the pixel resolution, but here is how much desktop you will have.

• Reply 4 of 5
    Thanks for the input. I'm thinking an external monitor will be the way to go.

Now to wait for DVI output...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by acollins:

<strong>Thanks for the input. I'm thinking an external monitor will be the way to go.

Now to wait for DVI output...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've followed exactly the same thought process. 1024x768 has been fine for taking notes in class and working on the road with my iBook. But I'm taking a Fireworks/Dreamweaver/Flash class to take my mind off law school right now and it's clear that I will get a large external screen when I buy a Rev.B 12-inch PowerBook. I'm hoping for DVI-out by the end of the year. A 12-inch PB with 20" ACD would be so nice.

Escher