the StudioMouse is cool!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, I just recieved the Kensington StudioMouse(not wireless) that i bought from smalldog (yay for free dog figurines) I know alot of people thought it wasnt all as great as it was supposed to be, but i love it because:

-Pretty

-Little Middle button can do lotsa things, in safari its a back button, in itunes pause, in photoshop zoom.

-all three scroll modes are good (and though people complained about having to press on the scroll, i found that its not really annoying at all, maybe this is becuase of horses that rip the reigns out of my hands and require too many halfhalts to get round)

-the mouseworks driver is really good, and makes it easy to customize stuff

The only thing that isnt very good is the tracking, which is unfortunetly sorta important, its either not very accurate(it jumps around a little bit) or the promouse just kicks ass in a serious way, and the studio mouse is still 'good'

What do other people with this mouse think? what cool things can i do with it that i havn't discovered yet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    If it doesn't track, send it back.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Tracking? Do you mean the motion of the mouse on your screen? If so, I'd recommend changing the surface you work on: the shinier, the worse your tracking will be. I just experienced the same with this Logitech optical mouse I bought yonder-yesterday. If I use it on a glossy magazine, it jumps all over the place. So, I put it on a single sheet of printing paper, or directly on a marble table, or whatever, as long as it's not to shiny.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Return it and get a Logitech.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Get an Macally RFmouse. They look better than the Studiomice, and have 5 programmable buttons. And to top it all off, it actually has a real scroll wheel- not that solidstate, trackpad gimmick on the Studiomouse. And did I tell you that it is optical and wireless.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I would suspect the shiny surface problem if the cursor jumps around. Stick it on a non shiny mousepad.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Return it and get a Logitech.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Return it and get a M$
  • Reply 7 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

Return it and get a M$ </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, Logitech or MS. MS actually has good mice
  • Reply 8 of 9
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    but i like it!

i dont wanna another mouse, i've been bought

my desk is superglossy, so its much better with a piece of paper under it, i also adjusted the acceleration, it is much better now.

how come the promouse worked fine on the glossyness?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Return it and get a Logitech.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I second that. MX500/MX700, mmmmmmmm 8 programable buttons.