Tiger and iLife '05

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Will iLife '05 be included with OS X Tiger? (forgive me if this has already been addressed, search didn't turn up anything)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    NO
  • Reply 2 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by octane

Will iLife '05 be included with OS X Tiger? (forgive me if this has already been addressed, search didn't turn up anything)

BUT you'll receive some apps. In the current version of Panther (in the UK) users receive version 4 of iLife (even when it as still the current iLife). I'm expecting Tiger will be similar. By the end of year Brits will be able to buy Tiger with iPhoto 5 (I assume if we go by history). Check the spec pages carefully when Tiger is announced.

iLife '06 will be immense because it will include Core Image support.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

BUT you'll receive some apps. In the current version of Panther (in the UK) users receive version 4 of iLife (even when it as still the current iLife). I'm expecting Tiger will be similar. By the end of year Brits will be able to buy Tiger with iPhoto 5 (I assume if we go by history). Check the spec pages carefully when Tiger is announced.

iLife '06 will be immense because it will include Core Image support.

Tiger only includes iTunes. Panther includes iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 - not the '04 versions. Are you sure it isn't a typo? The discs are usually the same worldwide.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    1) I can't believe we will have to wait for iLife 06 to get core image enhancements. This tech is supposed to do great things with very little extra code!

2) Will tiger allow you to specify a different Webdav server other than .mac that your .mac services connect to? .mac storage is small, and its pretty expensive.

Motion was released last year, and it included corevideo technology. I don't see why we should have to wait a year and a half more for the same tech to show up in iLife when its supposed to be supper easy to utilize in tiger. iPhoto is soo close to be ridiculously awesome...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Imergingenious

1) I can't believe we will have to wait for iLife 06 to get core image enhancements. This tech is supposed to do great things with very little extra code!

There are already some CoreImage libraries included in iLife '05 on Panther.

Quote:

Originally posted by Imergingenious

2) Will tiger allow you to specify a different Webdav server other than .mac that your .mac services connect to? .mac storage is small, and its pretty expensive.

No, .Mac services (logically) requires .Mac.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Tiger only includes iTunes. Panther includes iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 - not the '04 versions. Are you sure it isn't a typo? The discs are usually the same worldwide.

Well then it's been a typo for a year.

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/techspecs/