Is daylight savings time assumed by vBulletin forums?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Pardon me, but don't most places around the world NOT observe DST? At least I know we have no DST here in Hong Kong.

So has AI now adjusted MY forum clock for DST, when I'm clearly not in a place affected by it? I've had to change my settings to say I'm GST+7, but I'm really GST+8.

Or DST change GST? I'm confused.

Anyway, this thread is about Daylight Savings Time. Anything at all about it. Do you support it? Oppose it?

Personally I think it's dumb, when you take into consideration the modern international communications environment that constantly has to adjust for this annoyance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    My opinion is: "Bleh"

I can now ride my bike after work for one more hour before it gets dark. OTOH vBulletin now have relocated me to GB
  • Reply 2 of 3
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    IMO, DST is stupid, and AI is showing me the wrong time in the UK, because we just went forward an hour. (not that I really care!) I think in the UK, we need to standardize on Central European time, or just comprimise and move the clocks back half an hour and keep it halfway between our Winter time, and Summer time.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    My guess is that the board ativates the time change once for the entire site. So as different time zones switch, your time might be off until both the board's server and your location have both made the switch.