iPod? Naw, I've got my mini...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
(Foreword: My appologies to any moderators if this thread has been created in the wrong forum. Please ammend my error if such is the case. Thanks.)

About three days ago I was called and told that my entire family would be departing on a 'surprise' trip to another Province for several days. This ment that I'd have to drive with several irritating relitives in my car for roughly five hours, through territory endowed only with country radio stations. My car's an aging 1986 Crown Victoria, with of course soley a cassette deck. To make matters worse, I was short a working CD player. So I devised a last minute plan: I'd use my Mini as an iPod.

So, I first learned how to log into my computer without looking, and then how to open and control iTunes in much the same way. After a few minutes and several attempts, I was ready, and after grabbing my Mini and taking it out to my car, I began to hook things up. An ancient Sony car kit cassette adapter was plugged into my Mini and the stereo. The mini was plugged into a current adapter, and the adapter into a cigarette lighter in the back seat. The mini and keyboard, then, were placed between my front seats.

Thus, thank you Apple, for making such a ridiculasly flexible machine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    blackwave,

I'm glad it worked, for you. I like hearing stories like these. I used my PC notebook in my car, in the same way with a tape adapter, before I owned a Mac or iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    you should check the floor for heat (if the mini sets on the floor) the catalytic converter is under there and can make the floor hot in the area above it, especially on a long drive.