Wiki

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've had Firefox sitting around for about a month but have only just started using it. But I'm liking it a lot. The fact I've got some gremlin in the system that's screwing with Safari, certainly influences the matter. Anyway, that's bye-the-bye and something to be dealt with in the fullness of time.

To the matter at hand.

Anybody a wiki contributor? Preferably Wikinews but Wikipedia would do. I'm doing an assignment for Big People's School. Here's the drill:

Quote:

Access an online media forum through the Internet (Channel Nine, ABC, BBC etc) or weblog (eg. www.blogger.com, www.diarist.net, www.back-to-iraq.com) and summarise the forum/blog for the class in terms of

- topics

- what the forum is trying to achieve

- issues raised

- relevance to local/regional communities

What a pile of crap I thought. So I thought Wikinews would be an interesting perspective.

So anybody got any comments? You won't be identified (by username or otherwise). If you want me to be delicate about airing any of Wikimedia's dirty laundry say so and, in the words of Jean-Luc Pickard (sp?), I'll make it so. If you don't want their dirty washing aired at all, don't tell me.

Even if you're a user of Wikinews but not a contributor and you've got something to say, say it. It'll fool 'em into thinking I've done some real research ("an anonymous user of the service I contacted said.....")

IOW, I'll take anything. You can make stuff up, they won't fucking know. It's almost 12.30 am my time. It's due tomorrow morning. I'd really like to get at least some sleep tonight, so shake a leg.

I'm off to paraphrase Wikinews's FAQ.

Ciao bellas.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i see you're doing great on your research paper but i'm feeling bored and generous at the same time so here goes...

edit: to be continued...

edit: back...

Access an online media forum through the Internet (Channel Nine, ABC, BBC etc) or weblog (eg. www.blogger.com, www.diarist.net, www.back-to-iraq.com) and summarise the forum/blog for the class in terms of

duh. AppleInsider..!!

- topics

hardware, software, geniusbar, insiderlounge, rumors, inside secrets

ummm...

- issues raised

this is easy:

macs rule, pcs suck

adoration of steve jobs

criticism of every new mac hardware

poking fun at losers that use windoze

helping people at the genius bar

- relevance to local/regional communities

see InsiderLounge on advice about local resellers, for example,

also you can get extra bonus points here by definining the community from local-city

to statewide

to trans-atlantic community, eg. european dude that was asking where he should go and shop in the US to get good apple deals and not have to pay sales tax. US peoples also helped him out with some tourist info

f8ck the Wiki shite mate, write about your favourite forum!! AppleInsider!! c'mon, you'll be to coolest kid in BigKidSchool, talking about the no.1 digital lifestyle community - AppleInsider.

yeah i did alright in uni/college....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

i see you're doing great on your research paper

I'll see your and raise you a

Quote:

but i'm feeling bored and generous at the same time so here goes...

Lucky me.

Quote:

edit: to be continued...

I can hardly wait.

Quote:

edit: back...

Oh. Um. Great.

Quote:

duh. AppleInsider..!!

<chester slaps forehead> Why didn't I think of that!

Quote:

insiderlounge

Cool name.

Quote:

inside secrets

So you know about the secret forum huh?

Quote:

ummm...

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you afterwards.

Quote:

- issues raised

this is easy:

macs rule, pcs suck

adoration of steve jobs

criticism of every new mac hardware

poking fun at losers that use windoze

helping people at the genius bar

I was hoping for a ritual hard drive sacrifice but I guess that'll have to do.

Quote:

see InsiderLounge on advice about local resellers

Wow. That is so cool. If only there was a Retail forum my life would be complete.

Quote:

also you can get extra bonus points here by definining the community from local-city to statewide to trans-atlantic community

Whew! I'm really desperate for those extra bonus points.

Quote:

eg. european dude that was asking where he should go and shop in the US to get good apple deals and not have to pay sales tax.

Oh BTW the presentation was due about 12 hours ago and it's ABD.

Quote:

US peoples also helped him out with some tourist info

What a coincidence. Some people over at AN supplied some handy links for my presentation about 18 hours ago and some of them were from the US too. But not all of them. One was Australian. I hate those goddamn stinking Australians. They?re ugly. And they smell.

Quote:

f8ck the Wiki shite mate, write about your favourite forum!! AppleInsider!! c'mon, you'll be to coolest kid in BigKidSchool, talking about the no.1 digital lifestyle community - AppleInsider.

Gee you should apply for the AI Public Relations Officer job. You?ve got a real knack for it. Better be quick. I hear Hassan?s got his eye on the position. I?d PM Kasper about it ASAP if I was you.

Quote:

yeah i did alright in uni/college

No shit! Me too. When I graduated in 1983.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    crazyC thats the last time i try and help you
  • Reply 4 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

crazyC thats the last time i try and help you

Me bastard.