iPhoto backups don't work with iPhoto

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just curious to see who else has used iPhoto to back up pictures and could not use iPhoto to then view those backups. I have tried now twice to backup several images in iPhoto, but when it is done burning it will mount, iPhoto will start up, but no, or only 4-5 pictures will be able to be viewed through iPhoto. The files are there as I browse through the CD in the Finder. Any ideas on why this is occuring? Is it happening to you? It has brought me to a point that I am just not going to use iPhoto any longer. Last version was too slow, this version just doesn't work, and backups are a pretty big part of my day. At any rate, I was just hoping that somebody could help me out. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Just curious to see who else has used iPhoto to back up pictures and could not use iPhoto to then view those backups. I have tried now twice to backup several images in iPhoto, but when it is done burning it will mount, iPhoto will start up, but no, or only 4-5 pictures will be able to be viewed through iPhoto. The files are there as I browse through the CD in the Finder. Any ideas on why this is occuring? Is it happening to you? It has brought me to a point that I am just not going to use iPhoto any longer. Last version was too slow, this version just doesn't work, and backups are a pretty big part of my day. At any rate, I was just hoping that somebody could help me out. Thanks.

what version of iPhoto are you using and what is your backup method? backing up the iPhoto Library folder or some other method
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    I am using the latest and not so greatest iPhoto. To do a backup, I select the photos I want to backup from my library, then I go to the share menu and select to burn to CD. It then shows how much space is left on the disk in iPhoto, when it is full I hit the burn button in iPhoto, and from that point on, the photos no longer work in iPhoto.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    unfortunately ijerry, i am still stuck in iPhoto 4.0 land, as such, all i can do for now is wish you all the best..! \
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

unfortunately ijerry, i am still stuck in iPhoto 4.0 land, as such, all i can do for now is wish you all the best..! \

Well, thanks anyway. I guess I will just use the new file browser in CS2, and rid myself of this horrid little app known as iPhoto.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    I'm using iphoto5 and tried to backup to an external hard drive and found that I couldn't then view my original photos--I then (after calling Apple tech support) had to open my original iphoto library and reimport them into iphoto--a real pain since I lost my albums.

I'm waiting for the new photoshop cs2 upgrade. Iphoto is buggy.