Coloured macs

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What happened to macs being nice and colourful? I remember Apple always priding itself in it's unique computers. The new designs they have are still pretty good but the simple shades of white can be kind of boring. When I bought my mini, I would have loved to have been able to get it in blue or red or someother bright fun colour.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    telekontelekon Posts: 54member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

What happened to macs being nice and colourful? I remember Apple always priding itself in it's unique computers. The new designs they have are still pretty good but the simple shades of white can be kind of boring. When I bought my mini, I would have loved to have been able to get it in blue or red or someother bright fun colour.

Whilst Apple don't do coloured machines, there are coloured variants on offer at www.colorwarepc.com

Personally, I think one-colour-for-all makes a lot of sense as multiple colour options appeal only to consumers who like that particular shade, which doesn't always hit the mark. Remember the now deleted Gold iPod mini...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    Wow, that site is awesome! I wish I had have waited and bought my mini from them in red or blue!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

Seiko, i'm really glad you posted this. It reminded me of an early thread, my first maybe that i started a few years ago:

has the mac lost its colors?

several macs later, i'm still wondering the same thing. colors were all the rage. i guess it probably does weird things to the supply chain though. oh well, we still have the minis
  • Reply 4 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by telekon

Whilst Apple don't do coloured machines, there are coloured variants on offer at www.colorwarepc.com

Personally, I think one-colour-for-all makes a lot of sense as multiple colour options appeal only to consumers who like that particular shade, which doesn't always hit the mark. Remember the now deleted Gold iPod mini...

Man, why didn't you mention this site

earlier?