mirroring

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I have a PB G4 1.33Ghz 12" and when I'm at home I plug it in to a monitor SAMTRON 76E 17" that I have. (I used to use it on my PC) When in mirror mode I can only get it up to a resolution of 1152x870,75Hz..but when I use it has second monitor mode(I don't know how it's called, it's the other option besides mirroring) I can get it up to a resolution of 1280x1024 and I drag all windows from the center of the PB lcd to the center of the monitor and everything looks good. I don't understand why when I turn the mirroring on the resolution colapses to 1024x768, and after that the maximum I can get is 1152x870. When I used this monitor in my pc I could also get it to 1280x1024. I hope I have explained my problem corectly. Any questions and I'll try to answer.

thanks

peace []

Moving to Genius Bar.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wanea

Hi,

I have a PB G4 1.33Ghz 12" and when I'm at home I plug it in to a monitor SAMTRON 76E 17" that I have. (I used to use it on my PC) When in mirror mode I can only get it up to a resolution of 1152x870,75Hz..but when I use it has second monitor mode(I don't know how it's called, it's the other option besides mirroring) I can get it up to a resolution of 1280x1024 and I drag all windows from the center of the PB lcd to the center of the monitor and everything looks good. I don't understand why when I turn the mirroring on the resolution colapses to 1024x768, and after that the maximum I can get is 1152x870. When I used this monitor in my pc I could also get it to 1280x1024. I hope I have explained my problem corectly. Any questions and I'll try to answer.

thanks

peace []

Moving to Genius Bar.

12" PB Monitors have a maximum of 1024 x 768 so you can't mirror your 12" screen any larger than that. When you are using monitor spanning you can use the maximum resolution of your graphics card (or monitor - depending on the lowest). If you want only one monitor but at a higher resolution than the 12" screen, shut your powerbook and plug in an external power, mouse and keyboard, click the mouse and you can work off the PowerBook with a high resolution with the lid closed.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

shit your powerbook

Ouch, that would hurt!

• Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

Ouch, that would hurt!

sorry, typo!